Skip Navigation LinksAlumni » History Warrington

Warrington Campus

 NWMC.jpg 

 

This self-contained, 25 acre site has benefited from a £12 million investment programme, to enhance academic and social activities.

Improvements began with a facelift for the dining room and café bar, new floodlit all-weather pitch to complement existing sports facilities, and a new Students’ Union bar.

A new, three-storey Business Centre, the Tucker Building, provides both teaching facilities and expertise and support for local and regional companies. This was named after a former Principal of Warrington Collegiate Institute, Hilary Tucker.

With the new Broomhead Library, learning resources capacity has been trebled. It offers the first open-access computer suites in the UK to offer users the flexibility of using Apple Mac or Windows software on the latest iMac equipment, together with state-of-the-art library technology, a comprehensive catalogue of books, publications, CDs, videos and DVDs and a combination of quiet study and sociable spaces. This Building was also named after a former Principal, Steven Broomhead.

In keeping with other developments, the former Main Teaching Block has been re-named the Martin Building, in honour of former Principal Joyce Martin.

Home to the North West Media Centre, the campus has strong links with the broadcast organisations such as the BBC and ITV Granada and other creative industries and operates its own radio station, Cat 1251 AM. Academic strengths also include Sport Development and Health and Social Care.